San Marcos City Council seeks applicants to fill vacant seat
The San Marcos City Council is currently seeking applicants to fill a vacant, at-large city council member seat to replace former Council Member Rebecca Jones who was sworn in as the newly elected San Marcos Mayor.
Vacant Council Member Term
The term of the vacant council seat is from the date of appointment to December 2020.
All applicants must meet the following minimum qualifications to be considered for a council member appointment:
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Reside within the San Marcos city limits.
- Be registered to vote in the City of San Marcos at the time the application is received
- Complete application and submit resume by the stated deadline.
- Complete interview process.
Applications are due by Thursday, Jan. 10 at 5:30 pm
All interested candidates must submit an application along with a resume to the City Clerk's office no later than Thursday, Jan. 10 at 5:30 pm.
Submitting your application and resume
Applications and resumes will be accepted via email, mail or in-person to to the San Marcos City Clerk's Office, 1 Civic Center Drive, San Marcos, CA.
For more information, contact City Clerk Phil Scollick at email@example.com or (760) 744-1050, ext. 3105.