At the City of San Marcos, the health and safety of our community is our top priority. The COVID-19 crisis is impacting everyone in San Marcos, including our local businesses that are currently open or preparing to reopen when public health guidelines allow.
The City is happy to support and assist with the San Marcos Chamber of Commerce’s Discover Our Recovery Business Safety Promise. The Chamber’s program is designed to help business owners communicate their commitment to following all public health orders and guidelines from the State of California, the County of San Diego, the City of San Marcos and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) to help protect their employees, customers and the community.
Business owners that make the Discover Our Recovery Business Safety Promise below can display the decal in their windows to let customers know that the businesses has committed to take all the County’s recommended precautions to help provide a safe environment.
Let’s help our community move forward safely together.
As San Marcos business owners, we PROMISE to:
- Follow all COVID-19-related public health orders, measures and guidelines from the State of California, the County 2. of San Diego, the City of San Marcos and the CDC
- Create and display a County of San Diego Safe Reopening Plan
- Follow CDC cleaning protocols
- Ask employees and customers to wear face coverings
- Practice social distancing
- Provide hand sanitizer
- Implement contactless payment when possible
- General COVID-19 awareness training for employees
- With the support and cooperation of our customers and employees, we promise to make every effort to keep this promise to our customers and the City.
Make the Promise and Download the Toolkit
You can make the Promise and download a multimedia toolkit below or on the Chamber's website here. By downloading the toolkit and/or using the graphics, you are promising to follow the guidelines.
Window decals and posters for businesses that make the Promise are available at the San Marcos Chamber of Commerce office.