NEW! Joint Request for Proposals, catered lunch for the Senior Nutrition Program at the Encinitas Senior Center and the San Marcos Senior Activity Center. The City of Encinitas will be taking the lead in this solicitation process. For further information regarding this RFP, please visit the City of Encinitas website at http://encinitasca.gov/bids.
The City of San Marcos utilizes PlanetBids™--a web-based vendor and bid management system, to announce and distribute all formal solicitations released by the City of San Marcos.
Key features and benefits of PlanetBids™ include:
- No cost service to all registered vendors to view project solicitation documents
- Firms can manage its vendor profile online
- Email notifications of bid/proposal opportunities
- Vendors can register as a Prospective Bidder online for a specific solicitation in order to:
- View and download the solicitation document, addenda, specifications, drawings, etc.
- Submit questions online and receive automatic e-mail notification when responses or addenda are issued
- Submit bids/proposals online if the City has elected to accept electronic documents for a particular solicitation
Only vendors that are registered will be eligible to bid and/or propose for project solicitations with the City. Simply click on the link above to begin the registration process. Once you have successfully completed the registration process, you may immediately select the Bid Opportunities tab to view active, closed, and awarded solicitations.
The e-mail notification feature of the PlanetBids™ system is driven by various NAICS category codes selected for the primary scope of work of the solicitation. Therefore, during the registration process you are encouraged to select all category codes (20 maximum) that fully reflect your firm’s services and/or merchandise for sale.
It is recommended that your vendor profile include the e-mail address for an alternate contact who will also receive the City’s e-mail notifications. Following registration completion, you will receive an e-mail confirmation. This e-mail will contain your username and password which will be required to login to the City’s PlanetBids™ portal.
Registration with one Agency is NOT inclusive of others. There are a number of public agencies that utilize PlanetBids™, each of them with their own portal. You must register individually with each agency in order to receive their procurement opportunities.
How to obtain solicitation information
When an e-mail notification about a City project solicitation is received, you will need to take the following steps in order to view the solicitation:
- Click on the project title link in the e-mail notification which will take you to the Bid Information page.
- Review the summary information to determine your interest in the project.
- If interested in a project, further action will require that you log in and register as a “Prospective Bidder” to download or submit a bid.
- You may also log-in directly to the City’s PlanetBids™ portal to see any open solicitations.
- If you register as a “Prospective Bidder," be sure to review or download all documents associated with a specific solicitation including Terms and Conditions, General Provisions, or sample Agreements. It is the vendor’s responsibility to obtain the most complete and current version of the bid documents issued as a result of any addenda.
Small and Disadvantaged Business Enterprises
The City of San Marcos also encourages the participation of Small and Disadvantage Business Enterprises in its public projects. For more information on available training and assistance, visit www.dot.ca.gov/obeo/index.html.
Forgot username and password
After registering, if you misplace your username or password, click on “Forgot Password” at the PlanetBids™ log-in page and enter your e-mail address. Your username and password will be e-mailed to you.
For more information about city solicitations, visit Planet Bid's Help Portal or contact the City's Contracts, Grants and Procurement Manager at (760) 744-1050.