Aqua Aerobics | Year 'Round
Get active in this toning and body movement exercise class for all levels. Exercises for this class can be adjusted for your range of motion and fitness level but our instructor will get you moving! Bring water, a towel and wear comfortable swimming attire. Please apply sunscreen prior to arrival.
Monday & Friday | 9 am to 10 am
Wednesday | 1 to 2 pm
Monthly (unlimited classes): $42 adults 50 years +; $64 for 18 - 49 years
Drop-in fee: $5 adults 50 years +; $8 for 18 - 49 years
Register at the pool or online at www.san-marcos.net/register.
Swimming Lessons | Year 'Round
Instill a life-long love of swimming in your child with our certified Swim Instructors. Please visit the pool during regular operating hours to participate in a free in-water assessment to learn which level is best for your child. This free assessment will last about 10 minutes and will evaluate the swimmer's comfort level and swimming ability. Please review our Swim Lessons Brochure to learn more about our different levels.
Private Swim Lessons (4 yrs+) | $200 for 8, 30-minute swim lessons or $100 for 4, 30-minute swim lessons (Saturdays)
Group Swim Lessons | 3 to 8 participants | $60 for 8, 30-minute swim lessons or $30 for 4, 30-minute swim lessons (Saturdays)
Ages 6 month to 3.5 years: Baby Shark Parent & Child Aquatics (P & C)
Ages 3.5 to 5 years: Starfish Preschool Aquatics (PSA)
Ages 5 years and up: Learn to Swim (LTS) based on ability
LTS 1: Sea Otters
LTS 2: Sea Turtles
LTS 3: Manta Rays
LTS 4: Dolphins
To learn more about appropriate level placement:
- Visit one of the pools during regularly scheduled open recreation swim for an in-water assessment.
- The assessment will take approximately 15 minutes from start to finish and registration for the class of your choice is also available at this time. Please be prepared to get in the water.
- Register at the pool directly after the in-water assessment or online.
Schedules are subject to change based on enrollment. For the most up-to-date information, click on the button to see available classes.
Spanish, semi-private, private & adult group classes are available upon request if not already scheduled. For any special needs accommodations, please contact Aquatics Staff.
Junior Lifeguards - Summer Only
This course is designed to guide youth to the Lifeguarding course by building a foundation of knowledge, attitudes and skills for future lifeguards. Participants are not required to master or perfectly execute skills. This course is designed for youths 11 to 14 years and includes a significant amount of physical activity. Participants must be able to demonstrate the following skills:
- Swim the front crawl for 25 yards continuously while breathing to the front or side.
- Swim breaststroke for 25 yards using a pull, breath, kick and glide sequence.
- Tread water for 1 minute using arms and legs.
- Show a level of comfort on the back by floating on the back for 30 seconds or swimming on the back for 25 yards using the elementary backstroke or back crawl.
- Submerge and swim a distance of 10 feet under water.
Monday - Thursday | 10:30 am to 3 pm | 2 weeks | Woodland Pool Only
$130 per session | Participants bring their own lunch.
Prior to registration, please review the Recreation Policy regarding refunds by clicking here.