General Aquatics Questions
How do I know what pool my swim lesson is at?
Las Posas Pool swim lessons will have an LP somewhere in the name.
Woodland Pool swim lessons will have WP somewhere in the name.
What are the requirements for riding the slide or using the diving board?
Both the water slide and diving board require a swim test to show competency for swimming in deep water as well as in a current (water slide exit). The diving board height requirement is 36" and the water slide height requirement is 48".
To successfully pass the swim test, swimmers must swim across the pool without aid or stopping.
Aquatics staff may eliminate use of the slide or diving board based on swimmer performance throughout the day as a safety precaution.
How much is Open Recreational Swim?Open Recreational Swim is $4 per person per day.
What do I need to do to become a lifeguard?In order to become a lifeguard, you must become certified in Lifeguarding through the American Red Cross or a comparable approved training program, you must pass the in-water assessment, interview, background check and physical. Please see the Aquatics Jobs page for more information.
When will the city's Aquatics program be hiring?Typical the city's aquatics hiring season is late January through March of every year for the summer season.
How can I register for a swim lesson
What should I bring to a swim lesson?All swimmer should bring a swimsuit, goggles and a towel. It is recommended that sunscreen be applied 20 minutes prior to the lesson.
How many children are in swim lessons?
- Group Lessons have between three and eight participants.
- Semi-Private lessons have two participants.
- Private classes have one participant.
How much are swim lessons?
Swim lessons are grouped in sessions and can be either 8 or 4 classes long. The session length is predetermined for each season.
- Group Swim Lessons: $60 for 8, 30 minute classes. $30 for 4, 30 minute classes.
- Semi-Private Lessons: $130 for 8, 30 minute classes. $65 for 4, 30 minute classes.
- Private Lessons: $200 for 8, 30 minute classes. $100 for 4, 30 minute classes.
- Splash Pass holders: Splash pass holders receive $5 off per class. Residents receive a 10% discount per class.
How can I rent the facility?Facilities can be rented online or in person at all pool facilities during operating hours or the Community Center. Click here for more information about renting the pool.