Graffiti cleanup is a top priority in The City of San Marcos. The city employs a full-time graffiti removal team and strives to remove graffiti on public and private property within 24-48 hours of being reported.
How to Report Graffiti
You can report graffiti to the City in one of the following convenient ways:
- Call our graffiti hotline: (760) 591-9100.
- Fill out the online Report a Concern form. Select "Graffiti Removal" from the drop-down menu.
- Download and submit a Graffiti Authorization Form. After printing the authorization form, please mail back to the address indicated on the form or you can fax it back to (760) 744-9520.
- Graffiti cleanup is a top priority in The City of San Marcos. The city employs a full-time graffiti removal team.
- Graffiti is the most common type of property vandalism (35%) according to the Bureau of Justice Statistics.
- Immediate removal - within 24-48 hours - is the key to successful graffiti prevention.
- Please contact the Sheriff’s Department to report suspicious activity at 510-5200.
The City prosecutes vandals when arrests have been made. Within the past year, 15 juveniles were arrested for graffiti vandalism in San Marcos. All of the suspects were convicted of Felony Vandalism; the cost of the damage was over $400 and the defendants had a prior conviction for vandalism. On average, each defendant must reimburse the City approximately $1,200. All were assigned to Juvenile Diversion programs and several served time in Juvenile Hall.