Thank you for visiting the City of San Marcos website. Information and data presented on this website is collected, maintained, and provided for the convenience of the public. While every effort is made to keep such information and data accurate and current, the presence of errors or out-of-date information is unavoidable.
Neither the city nor any of its officials and employees makes any warranty of any kind, whether express or implied, with respect to merchantability or fitness of the content for any particular purpose, nor do they certify the authenticity of information that originates from third parties.
Under no circumstances shall the city be liable for any actions taken or omissions made from reliance on any information contained herein from whatever source, nor shall the city and county be liable for any other consequences from any such reliance. Users should refrain from acting upon the information on this site without independently verifying the information. Information on this site is not intended to constitute advice, nor is it to be used as a substitute for specific advice from an appropriately licensed professional.
External Linking/Posting Policy - Purpose and Disclaimer
The city permits the establishment of external hyperlinks/posts on its official website only if the links/posts strictly comply with this policy. In establishing and maintaining its official Web site, the city does not intend to create any forum or other means for public discourse. Rather, the sole and limited purpose of the permitted external links/posts is to provide information about the city and its government for residents, businesses and visitors. The city does not endorse or provide preferential treatment to any third party website or associated organizations or persons. Additionally, the city does not control third party sites and therefore does not warrant that third party sites are accurate or reliable, or that they have operational links.
Consistent with the foregoing purpose, it is the city's policy to limit external links/posts to the following: a) other governmental agencies; b) entities with which the city has an existing formal, contractual relationship; c) entities or events that receive funding from the city or are otherwise sponsored by the City; d) entities that contribute to City initiatives and that the city wishes to acknowledge; e) the city's Chamber of Commerce; and f) Web pages that provide free access to traffic and weather information for the area. In addition, the city reserves the right, at any time and without notice, to: a) deny a link/post that does not meet the criteria set forth in this policy; b) deny or discontinue an external link/post at any time if the web site provides or promotes false, slanderous, illegal, infringing or incorrect information; c) deny or discontinue an external link/post at any time if a substantial purpose of the linked/posted Web site or info is to support or oppose a candidate or ballot measure; d) revise this policy without prior notice when the city considers such revision to be in its best interests.
Links and Posts
- The city uses link/post and search capabilities to navigate publicly available information from many agencies that are not part of the city website and over which the city exercises no control.
- The privacy policies and procedures described here do not necessarily apply to those sites.
- We suggest contacting these sites directly for information on their data collection and distribution policies.
- We monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information or to otherwise cause damage to the site. Anyone using this website consents to such monitoring.
- We take appropriate security measures to protect unauthorized access, alteration or destruction of data.
- Please note any and all elements of the policies stated here can and may be changed by the city from time to time. Those changes will be posted as they occur.
All editorial and creative assets on this website, including the code used to create web pages, are protected by US and international copyright laws. The city reserves all rights to this content.