Woodland Pool features a 25 meter recreational lap pool, a small slide, a diving board and a picnic area. An inflatable obstacle course can be rented during private pool rentals (information below). Current or anticipated closures will be posted at the pool. For online registration, please visit www.san-marcos.net/register.
Open Recreational Swim & Lap Swim
$4 admission fee | 2 yrs & under free
Guests 13 years of age and under must be accompanied by an adult 18 years or older.
Pool is closed for Open Recreational Swim & Lap Swim until summer.
Splash Pass Memberships
This annual membership is valid at both pools for open recreational swim, lap swim and aquatic events. Members also receive discounts on aquatics classes. Memberships can be purchased online, at both pools and at the Community Center.
Individual: $100 Residents; $200 Non-Residents
Family (up to 5 members): $200 Residents; $250 Non-Residents
Additional family members: $45
Swimming Lessons - Summer Only
Instill a life-long love of swimming in your child with our certified Swim Instructors. Please visit the pool during regular operating hours to participate in a free in-water assessment to learn which level is best for your child. This free assessment will last about 10 minutes and will evaluate the swimmer's comfort level and swimming ability. Please review our Swim Lessons Brochure to learn more about our different levels.
Group Swim Lessons | 3 to 8 participants | $60 for 8, 30-minute swim lessons or $30 for 4, 30-minute swim lessons (Saturdays)
Private Swim Lessons (4 yrs+) | $200 for 8, 30-minute swim lessons, or $100 for 4, 30-minute swim lessons (Saturdays)
Ages 6 month to 3.5 years: Parent & Child Aquatics (P & C)
Ages 3.5 to 5 years: Preschool Aquatics (PSA)
Ages 5 years and up: Learn to Swim (LTS) based on ability
LTS 1: Pufferfish
LTS 2: Crabs
LTS 3: Sea Turtles
LTS 4: Sea Urchins
Please visit www.san-marcos.net/register to register for classes.
Junior Lifeguards - Summer Only
This course is designed to guide youth to the Lifeguarding course by building a foundation of knowledge, attitudes and skills for future lifeguards. Participants are not required to master or perfectly execute skills. This course is designed for youths 11 to 14 years and includes a significant amount of physical activity. Participants must be able to demonstrate the following skills:
- Swim the front crawl for 25 yards continuously while breathing to the front or side.
- Swim breaststroke for 25 yards using a pull, breath, kick and glide sequence.
- Tread water for 1 minute using arms and legs.
- Show a level of comfort on the back by floating on the back for 30 seconds or swimming on the back for 25 yards using the elementary backstroke or back crawl.
- Submerge and swim a distance of 10 feet under water.
Monday - Thursday | 10:30 am to 3 pm | 2 weeks
$130 per session | Participants bring their own lunch.
Register at the pool or online at www.san-marcos.net/register.
Pool Rentals - Summer Only
Facility reservations are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis. City-based residents and groups may reserve City facilities up to four (4) months in advance of the rental date. Non-residents and non-resident groups may reserve City facilities up to three (3) months in advance. Reservations must be made at least thirty (30) days in advance of the rental date.
Facility reservations are not secured and or placed on the calendar until all reservation fees have been collected. All fees are due thirty (30) days in advance of event
Please read the following documents for relevant information regarding your upcoming rental.
|Pool Rental||Fee||$165 per hour||2-hour minimum for up to 125 people|
|Additional Staff||Fee||$20 per hour||Each additional 1-25 people|
|San Marcos Resident||Discount||10%||Must show proof of residency|
|Non-profit Organization||Discount||10%||Must be booking for non-profit event|
|Inflatable Obstacle Course Rental||Fee||$50 per hour||Woodland Pool only; 250 max guests|
|Inflatable Set-up||Fee||$100||Once per reservation|
Cabana and Group Shelter Rentals
Cabana and Group Shelters are also available for rent only during Open Recreational Swim for groups of less than 40 people.
- Cabana and Group Shelter Rentals last for the entire Open Recreational Swim session.
- Cabanas and Group Shelters are not fully equipped to seat up to 40 guests
- Typical Cabana accommodations include: shade canopy/structure, seating for approximately 10 guests
- Typical Group Shelter accommodations include: shade canopy/structure, seating for approximately 25 guests
- One 6 ft table per paid group is available upon request
- Food is allowed in the group area only. No cooking/open flames, no glass, no sprinkles allowed.
- Party favors and toys must not enter the pool and must not include water shooters/guns, bubbles, or balloons.
|Cabana (up to 20 guests)||Fee||$20 per day||Shade canopy; seating for approximately 10 guests|
|Group Shelter (up to 40 guests)||Fee||$30 per day||Shade canopy; seating for approximately 25 guests|
|Rental Guest Admission||Fee||$4 per person||Each guest must have paid admission|