City Council Meetings
City Council meetings are held in the Council Chamber at San Marcos City Hall, 1 Civic Center Drive, on the second and fourth Tuesday of each month at 6 pm.
City Council Mission StatementThe mission of the San Marcos City Council is to provide the best leadership and stewardship of resources entrusted to our care by the citizens and employees of San Marcos. The Council will execute their duties intelligently, respectfully, honestly and with respect for all cultures, religions and races without prejudice.
City Council VisionOur vision is to continue building the finest city in the region: a city with a vibrant economy; a city that is environmentally sensitive; a city that is aesthetically and architecturally pleasing; and a city that offers diverse employment, cultural, recreational, educational and housing opportunities.
The City Council also sits as the board of directors for the following agencies:
- California Mobilehome Park Financing Authority
- Discovery Valley Utility (DVU)
- Industrial Development Authority (IDA)
- Mobile Home Rent Review Commission (MHRRC)
- Public Facilities Authority (PFA)
- San Marcos Fire Protection District (SMFPD)
- San Marcos Public Financing Authority (SMPFA)