San Marcos Mission StatementThe mission of the City of San Marcos is to improve the quality of life of those who live, work or visit San Marcos by providing a safe family atmosphere that is rich and diverse in cultural and natural resources and promotes economic and educational opportunities.
San Marcos Vision StatementWe the people of San Marcos imagine a vibrant community, rich in its ethnic and cultural diversity, working cooperatively to build a center for commerce, economic development and job growth built upon a broad foundation of high-quality educational institutions. We imagine an ecologically balanced, well-planned community that promotes the interest of all its citizens young and old, rich and poor, newcomers and old timers. We imagine a community that values its quality of life, which is preserved by its citizen-oriented government committed to opportunity, while preserving the community’s small-town suburban atmosphere and maintaining a safe and secure environment.
San Marcos Core ValuesThe City of San Marcos employees, in striving to provide community service through responsive government, adopt the following Core Values:
- Provide a safe community with a high quality of life.
- Deliver consistent and responsive service.
- Ensure ethical, professional conduct by City employees.
- Provide quality service to residents.
- Provide for housing opportunities to all income groups.
- Strive to be proactive, innovative and solution orientation.
- Plan and build for the future.
- Be business friendly but citizen-oriented government.
- Protect the financial health of the City and promote the economic viability of the City and region.
- Protect the environment.
- Offer open, inclusive government.
- Operate the City as an efficient business entity.